The village Pismenovo is located on several mountain hills, among the centuries-old oak forests of Strandzha.
It was founded in 1910. The first settlers came from the village of Gramatikovo. Оriginally called „Айсе кайряк“. It was later renamed Pismenovo.
In the center of the village is the church “St. Dimitar”.
The temple was built in 1921, and in 1943 a bell was purchased.
An open-air ethnographic complex is located in the center of the village of Pismenovo. There are presented traditional Bulgarian crafts and objects of labor, which were an integral part of everyday life of local people.
Near the village is the chapel “Ascension”. It was built on the site of the first church in the village. Every year there are celebrations dedicated to the Day of Savior.
On the road between Primorsko and the village Pismenovo, there is an Arboretum, which was established in 1987-1988, designed by the Experimental Station for Oak Forests. On an area of over 150 decares there are 135 tree species, of which 40 are coniferous.